As voters in Ireland voted overwhelmingly to approve same-sex "marriage," predictably, liberals across the world, but especially in the U.S., took a "victory lap." Lost in their jubilation, it evidently escaped most liberals the manner by which Ireland hastened herself down the wide path of destruction.
Make no mistake about it, a nation that rejects the oldest institution in the history of humanity, that rejects the foundation upon which EVERY culture rests, that declares motherhood and fatherhood "absurd," is well on its way to an ugly end. However, if a nation, a state, a city, or a tribe, chooses to take such a path, it should do so in the manner of Ireland. The people, not a dictator, not a handful of judges, should decide.
Barely five years ago, marriage as the union of one man and one woman was on a 31 for 31 winning streak with U.S. electorates. The average vote was 67.5% in favor of marriage as God gave it to us. This result included the very liberal electorates of Maine, California, Oregon, and Hawaii. The vast majority of U.S. states which have legalized same-sex "marriage" have done so at the whims of a federal judge. To reverse the overwhelming will of an American electorate in such a manner is the very definition of judicial tyranny.
Also, it cannot be ignored that the same-sex "marriage" vote in Ireland provides further evidence for the continued sad legacy of the modern Catholic Church. As of 2011, over 84% of Ireland identified as Roman Catholic. The waning influence of the Catholic Church on the grave moral issues of our time is shocking. As I've noted, this is yet another tragic result of the rotten influence of modern liberalism.
Again: Marriage is the oldest institution in the history of humanity--older
than God's covenant with the nation of Israel, older than The Law, older
than the church. Marriage is one of the earliest truths revealed by
God. If ANYTHING is true, marriage as the union of one man and one woman
is true. On this, there can NEVER be compromise.
Copyright 2015, Trevor Grant Thomas
At the Intersection of Politics, Science, Faith, and Reason.
Trevor and his wife Michelle are the authors of: Debt Free Living in a Debt Filled World
HELP US GET THE WORD OUT: If you "Like" this page, please visit our new Facebook page for The Miracle and Magnificence of America and "Like" it. Thank you!!!
- More Parents Exploiting Their "Transgender" Children
- Why the Lord's Prayer Offends
- End the Income Tax
- DNA: Chimps vs. Humans
- Apologists: Beware Sin
- Mike Pence vs. Anthony Weiner
- Chelsea Clinton: "Little Creep"
- Democrats Double-Down on Losing Path
- The March for Science or Secularism?
- What Your Biology Teacher Didn't Tell You About Charles Darwin
- Death Squads Rule Venezuela
- Behold the Celebrity Enablers of the Hell in Venezuela
- The Earth is Not Our Mother
- Healing After Abortion
- The Golden Age of Phony
- How Carl Sagan Ruined Science
- "Earth Day" Hypocrisy
- Seceding From Public Education
- Home is the Front Lines of Christian Living
- O'Reilly, Ailes, and the Toxic Conservative-Celebrity Culture
- DOJ Sends Warning Letter to "Sanctuary" Cities
- Effects of Marriage on Work
- Hypocrisy In The Anti-O'Reilly Army
- Repeal & Piecemeal: A Better Obamacare Strategy
- Venezuela's Socialist Hell
- Cruel to be Kind
- The March to Kill Science
- Beware the "Universal Basic Income"
- Only One Platform Will Last
- Preschool and Kindergarten Lies
- Apocalyptic Progressivism
- The Confused, Hapless Democratic Party
- Chelsea Clinton's Cheerleading Cult
- Earth Day Dopes
- ALLAHU AKBAR!
- What is Expository Preaching?
- Christianity Growing in China
- Leftists Detest Patriotism
- O'Reilly Out at Fox
- The Dangers of Homosexuality
- Meet My King
- National Defense
- Quotable Quotes--New Ones!
- Marriage Commitment Challenge