Make no mistake: This will happen again, and it will continue to happen in cities and towns all across the U.S. where liberalism is entrenched. Baltimore is just the latest foul episode. As much as some would like for this to be about race, this is about the rotten fruit of a political philosophy and a worldview that, among other things, eschews the notions of absolute truth, personal responsibility, sound morality, individual liberty, the biblical family model, and a host of other proper principles necessary for good government.
Whether Ferguson, Detroit, St. Louis, Baltimore, or any other significant American municipality dominated by liberals, it's just a matter of time until the next ugly eruption. As I asked last year--over four months prior to the Michael Brown incident--"Is there anything liberalism can't corrupt?" From the conscience to communities to corporations to families, churches, schools, and government, its destruction seems to know no bounds.
As I noted, the political machine in most every large U.S. city is dominated by Democrats, and has been for decades. And as Rush asked earlier today, why is the Democrat base so unhappy?
"Why are they unhappier than ever? You've had the Democrat Party supposedly paving the way for them for 50 years. You've had the Democrat Party running inference for them for 50 years. The Democrat Party promising to get even with all those racist conservatives and Republicans. The Democrat Party promising that whatever goes wrong, they're gonna fix. The Democrat Party making it clear that they are the examples of these downtrodden people.And of course, no matter how bad it gets, they continue to vote for liberals. Because somehow, it's always the fault of conservatives.
"These downtrodden people are angrier than they've ever been! They're unhappier than they've ever been. They're more agitated than they've ever been. The urban core. Obama's base!"
While Baltimore's democrat mayor Stephanie Rawlings-Blake (of course, a modern full-fledged feminazi must have a hyphenated last name) gave the rioters "space to destroy," John Angelos, Baltimore Orioles' executive vice-president and son of the majority owner of the Orioles Peter Angelos, was quick to perpetuate the victim status of those destroying his city (which got the Orioles game cancelled today).
According to the Washington Times, the younger Angelos wrote of his concern for
"the past four-decade period during which an American political elite have shipped middle class and working class jobs away from Baltimore and cities and towns around the US to 3rd-world dictatorships like China," which he said has sent "tens of millions of good hard working Americans into economic devastation" and "an ever-declining standard of living and suffering."
"The innocent working families of all backgrounds whose lives and dreams have been cut short by excessive violence, surveillance and other abuses of the bill of rights by government pay the true price, and ultimate price, and one that far exceeds the importance of any kid's game played tonight, or ever, at Camden Yards," Mr. Angelos continued.
"We need to keep in mind people are suffering and dying around the US and while we are thankful no one was injured at Camden Yards, there is a far bigger picture for poor Americans in Baltimore and everywhere who don’t have jobs and are losing economic, civil and legal rights and this … makes inconvenience at a ball game irrelevant in light of the needless suffering government is inflicting upon ordinary Americans," he wrote.Of course, John and his father Peter Angelos are life-long democrats. Thus, this can't be the fault of those who are stalking the streets, smashing windows, burning cars, and attacking the police. Something else--or better--someone else must be to blame. And if only we would elect liberals, all this will change.
P.S. While few know the exact circumstances of Freddie Gray's death, one thing is clear: he was no stranger to the police. Take note of his rap sheet:
- March 20, 2015: Possession of a Controlled Dangerous Substance
- March 13, 2015: Malicious destruction of property, second-degree assault
- January 20, 2015: Fourth-degree burglary, trespassing
- January 14, 2015: Possession of a controlled dangerous substance, possession of a controlled dangerous substance with intent to distribute
- December 31, 2014: Possession of narcotics with intent to distribute
- December 14, 2014: Possession of a controlled dangerous substance
- August 31, 2014: Illegal gambling, trespassing
- January 25, 2014: Possession of marijuana
- September 28, 2013: Distribution of narcotics, unlawful possession of a controlled dangerous substance, second-degree assault, second-degree escape
- April 13, 2012: Possession of a controlled dangerous substance with intent to distribute, unlawful possession of a controlled dangerous substance, violation of probation
- July 16, 2008: Possession of a controlled dangerous substance, possession with intent to distribute
- March 28, 2008: Unlawful possession of a controlled dangerous substance
- March 14, 2008: Possession of a controlled dangerous substance with intent to manufacture and distribute
- February 11, 2008: Unlawful possession of a controlled dangerous substance, possession of a controlled dangerous substance
- August 29, 2007: Possession of a controlled dangerous substance with intent to distribute, violation of probation
- August 28, 2007: Possession of marijuana
- August 23, 2007: False statement to a peace officer, unlawful possession of a controlled dangerous substance
- July 16, 2007: Possession of a controlled dangerous substance with intent to distribute, unlawful possession of a controlled dangerous substance (2 counts)