How many nerds does it take to prop up a fledgling regime? Answer: I don't know, but the geniuses at Vox probably have the answer. This is especially the case since they've had so much practice with the Obama administration.
In case you haven't heard, Vox and Obama are really impressed with one another. Vox recently had a "conversation" with President Obama on "his theory of America's political and policy problems as it stands at the beginning of the seventh year of his presidency." At some point during the interview, Obama flatters Vox's Ezra Klein with the conclusion, "You guys are, I guess, for the brainiac-nerd types."
Of course, what better setting is there than Vox for the smartest man ever to be President of the United States?
During the foreign policy portion of the interview, Obama revealed his vast intelligence by concluding the obvious: "We don't have military solutions to every problem in the 21st century." After such a discerning statement, Vox's Matthew Yglesias, who conducted the foreign policy part of interview, was so impressed that he later tweeted: "A simple, but profound and important insight from the president."
Also, in case you haven't heard, the mission at Vox is to "Explain the News." Because, of course, it takes a special kind of genius to make the obvious seem so "profound," and to "explain" to all of us dumb yokels what is really going on in the world around us. Then again, for Yglesias, it's best that he stick with the obvious, because when he deviates from it, he tends to get himself into trouble.
I suppose this means that Brian Williams will be headed to Vox after he shamelessly (yes, shamelessly) departs NBC. This way he can better "explain" to us what really happened in that helicopter over Iraq in 2003.
Copyright 2015, Trevor Grant Thomas
At the Intersection of Politics, Science, Faith, and Reason.
Trevor and his wife Michelle are the authors of: Debt Free Living in a Debt Filled World
HELP US GET THE WORD OUT: If you "Like" this page, please visit our new Facebook page for The Miracle and Magnificence of America and "Like" it. Thank you!!!
- The March for Science or Secularism?
- What Your Biology Teacher Didn't Tell You About Charles Darwin
- Death Squads Rule Venezuela
- Behold the Celebrity Enablers of the Hell in Venezuela
- The Earth is Not Our Mother
- Healing After Abortion
- The Golden Age of Phony
- How Carl Sagan Ruined Science
- "Earth Day" Hypocrisy
- Seceding From Public Education
- Home is the Front Lines of Christian Living
- O'Reilly, Ailes, and the Toxic Conservative-Celebrity Culture
- DOJ Sends Warning Letter to "Sanctuary" Cities
- Effects of Marriage on Work
- Hypocrisy In The Anti-O'Reilly Army
- Repeal & Piecemeal: A Better Obamacare Strategy
- Venezuela's Socialist Hell
- Cruel to be Kind
- The March to Kill Science
- Beware the "Universal Basic Income"
- Only One Platform Will Last
- Preschool and Kindergarten Lies
- Apocalyptic Progressivism
- The Confused, Hapless Democratic Party
- Chelsea Clinton's Cheerleading Cult
- Earth Day Dopes
- ALLAHU AKBAR!
- What is Expository Preaching?
- Christianity Growing in China
- Leftists Detest Patriotism
- O'Reilly Out at Fox
- ISIS: The Embodiment of Islam
- 5 Takeaways from GA Special Election
- Everyone Thinks the Unborn Are Persons
- Worse Than Racists
- Follow Christ or "Be True to Yourself?"
- What's Happening to the Democrat Party?
- A Race Against Those Who Seek Our Destruction
- Truth vs. "Pro-Choice"
- The Dangers of Homosexuality
- Meet My King
- National Defense
- Quotable Quotes--New Ones!
- Marriage Commitment Challenge