The announcement of Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia's death has sent shock waves across the political spectrum of the United States. Scalia was the leading conservative on the U.S. Supreme Court. He was an intellectual giant, and an unapologetic "originalist" when it came to the U.S. Constitution. He will be sorely missed.
Unsurprisingly, in today's hyper-political culture, the news of Scalia's death was soon overtaken by the political ramifications that loom as the result of his death. Leading Republicans, including Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, have already stated that the Senate will wait until after the election before confirming Scalia's replacement. Of course, Democrats are clamoring (howling maybe?) for Obama to get his replacement approved. Obama is saying he will nominate a replacement for Scalia "in due time."
I have long noted that one of the most important things to consider when voting for president is the power of the U.S. President to appoint federal judges. The U.S. Supreme Court imposed legalized abortion on the whole of the United States. This infamous ruling has endured now for well over four decades. The Supreme Court let Obamacare stand. For the last two decades, the U.S. Supreme Court has played no small role in forcing legitimization of homosexuality across the U.S. And of course, last year, the U.S. Supreme Court imposed a perverse re-definition of marriage on the whole of the United States.
It was not only judges appointed by liberal presidents who sided with those opposed to the Laws of the Law Giver. Republican nominees to the Court have failed us in this way as well. This is why, not simply a Republican, but a strong, principled constitutional conservative in the White House is of the utmost importance.
The Senate must stay strong in opposition to Obama and his liberal lackeys when it comes to Scalia's replacement. Conservatives--those in the Senate, those running for President, and pundits across the country--must make this an election issue. It is rare that the U.S. President's power to appoint judges is at the forefront of the issues before an electorate during a presidential election. We must take advantage and paint a clear picture for American voters of what's at stake.
HELP US GET THE WORD OUT: If you "Like" this page, please visit our new Facebook page for The Miracle and Magnificence of America and "Like" it. Thank you!!!
- The March for Science or Secularism?
- What Your Biology Teacher Didn't Tell You About Charles Darwin
- Death Squads Rule Venezuela
- Behold the Celebrity Enablers of the Hell in Venezuela
- The Earth is Not Our Mother
- Healing After Abortion
- The Golden Age of Phony
- How Carl Sagan Ruined Science
- "Earth Day" Hypocrisy
- Seceding From Public Education
- Home is the Front Lines of Christian Living
- O'Reilly, Ailes, and the Toxic Conservative-Celebrity Culture
- DOJ Sends Warning Letter to "Sanctuary" Cities
- Effects of Marriage on Work
- Hypocrisy In The Anti-O'Reilly Army
- Repeal & Piecemeal: A Better Obamacare Strategy
- Venezuela's Socialist Hell
- Cruel to be Kind
- The March to Kill Science
- Beware the "Universal Basic Income"
- Only One Platform Will Last
- Preschool and Kindergarten Lies
- Apocalyptic Progressivism
- The Confused, Hapless Democratic Party
- Chelsea Clinton's Cheerleading Cult
- Earth Day Dopes
- ALLAHU AKBAR!
- What is Expository Preaching?
- Christianity Growing in China
- Leftists Detest Patriotism
- O'Reilly Out at Fox
- ISIS: The Embodiment of Islam
- 5 Takeaways from GA Special Election
- Everyone Thinks the Unborn Are Persons
- Worse Than Racists
- Follow Christ or "Be True to Yourself?"
- What's Happening to the Democrat Party?
- A Race Against Those Who Seek Our Destruction
- Truth vs. "Pro-Choice"
- The Dangers of Homosexuality
- Meet My King
- National Defense
- Quotable Quotes--New Ones!
- Marriage Commitment Challenge