I would like to thank the Obama administration for validating the premise of my last column (“Our Entitlement Addiction”). In case you forgot, in the column I declared that today’s poster children for our Entitlement Society are the two recent winners of million dollar lotteries in the state of Michigan—Amanda Clayton and Leroy Fick—who enthusiastically continued receiving their state welfare after winning their fortunes.
However, it seems that
President Obama has awarded the Entitlement Society poster-child job to “Julia.”
With their moronic "The Life of Julia" slideshow, the Obama administration
paints a perfect picture (a "clear manifestation" if you will) of the
entitlement culture they wish not only to maintain, but amazingly, grow.
In the sideshow—I mean slideshow, we first see Julia at age three
enrolled in the pre-k Head Start program. Head Start, which began as part of
President Lyndon Johnson’s Entitlement Society—I mean Great Society, is a
“Great” example of a federal program that we pour billions of taxpayer dollars
into, that accomplishes almost nothing it set out to, and will be virtually
impossible to get rid of.
Time Magazine’s Joe Klein said last year that after 45 years, “We spend more
than $7 billion providing Head Start to nearly 1 million children each year. And
finally there is indisputable evidence about the program's effectiveness,
provided by the Department of Health and Human Services: Head Start simply does
not work.” In other words, children who attend Head Start perform no better than
students of similar income and social status who did not attend.
many other government “programs,” Head Start has devolved into a jobs,
healthcare, and childcare “program,” and thus its continued popularity. Many
liberals even acknowledge this. “The argument that Head Start opponents make is
that it is a jobs program,” a senior Obama Administration official told Klein,
“and sadly, there is something to that.”
Julia then embarks on her K-12
academic career, where the federal government has had about as much success as
it has with pre-k. According to the Cato Institute, since 1970, while inflation-adjusted federal
spending for 17-year-olds (as Cato notes, “The final years of high school are
the decisive ones…”) increased nearly 200%, math, reading, and science scores
were virtually flat-lined.
We are then told of how Julia benefits from
the fruits of Obamacare, which includes remaining on her parents’ insurance
until age 26. Just what our youth need—further motivation to put off adulthood
and responsibility! Finally able to stand on her own at age 27, Julia is
thankful that Obamacare requires her health insurance to cover her birth
control. Of course, there is no mention of marriage or a husband.
there is mention of a child. We are told that at age 31, Julia decides to have a
child and that “Throughout her pregnancy, she benefits from maternal checkups,
prenatal care, and free screenings under health care reform.” In this one
sentence we get the clearest picture of the absurd liberal mindset. Because of
her government (especially President Obama), Julia is the beneficiary of “free”
health screenings. There is no mention of any costs; no mention of taxes or who
exactly is paying for Julia’s “free” screenings.
As she nears retirement
age, Julia also is able to take advantage of Medicare and Social Security. This
is encouraging news for all of us, because by this time Julia has reached her
mid-sixties (This puts us around the year 2075.). Given that both programs
currently have well over a hundred trillion dollars in unfunded mandates, and
neither party seems serious about significant reforms for either, I will be very
exited to see President Obama’s plan to ensure that both are still around as we
approach the 22nd century.
There is plenty more in the life of Julia
that reveals her dependence on her government. In fact, throughout her sad life
she never really grows up. She is revealed to be little more than a child
nursing on the big bosom of the state. Is this really how the Obama
administration sees women? Where is the feminist outrage? Then again, she does
fit the bill when it comes to modern feminism; all that is missing from Julia’s
sorry existence is a couple of taypayer–funded abortions!
Now that Mitt
Romney has a virtual lock on the GOP nomination, the 2012 presidential campaign
is officially underway. “The Life of Julia” is one of the first salvos in what
is sure to be a brutal campaign. Romney has got to be encouraged. With more
efforts like this, he will have very little to do to show undecided America
Obama’s vision for the future. I just hope that there aren’t too many Julias out
there who vote.
HELP US GET THE WORD OUT: If you "Like" this page, please visit our new Facebook page for The Miracle and Magnificence of America and "Like" it. Thank you!!!
- Enabling Murder in Manchester
- Manchester Murderer a Radical Islamist
- Once Again, Islamic Terror
- The Impeachment Delusion
- Terror in Manchester, 22 Dead Including Children
- Pentagon to Reconsider Obama's Transgender Policy?
- Special Prosecutor for Leaks?
- Rein In Farm Handouts
- The ACLU's Army of Ex-Cons
- Investigate the Leaks!
- Liberal Academic Journal Duped by Fake Gender Paper
- A Legal Double-Standard for Democrats and Republicans
- The Appointment of Mueller as Special Counsel is the Real Constitutional Crisis
- Significance of Trump's Speech Denouncing Islamic Terrorism
- Trump-Russia-Collusion Story is a Big Lie
- Media Collusion Against Trump
- Democracy Dies in Anonymous Sourcing
- Why Homesickness is Health
- Adult is Not a Verb
- NAACP to Embrace Black Lives Matter?
- The End of the Obamacare Subsidy?
- For the Russians Before They Were Against the Russians
- Move Our Embassy to Jerusalem
- Methodist Bishops and False Doctrine
- ISIS Savages Go On Rampage in Syria. Dozens Killed or Maimed.
- Some Black Lives Don't Matter
- No, Jesus Wouldn't Kill Babies in the Womb
- A Coup Attempt, Not a Constitutional Crisis
- Teachers Told to Use Math to Indoctrinate Kids
- Impeachment Talk is Nothing New
- Revolt of CA's "Freeloaders"
- Again: Archaeology Confirms the Bible
- Good Families Reduce Crime
- The Dangers of Homosexuality
- Meet My King
- National Defense
- Quotable Quotes--New Ones!
- Marriage Commitment Challenge