I would like to thank the Obama administration for validating the premise of my last column (“Our Entitlement Addiction”). In case you forgot, in the column I declared that today’s poster children for our Entitlement Society are the two recent winners of million dollar lotteries in the state of Michigan—Amanda Clayton and Leroy Fick—who enthusiastically continued receiving their state welfare after winning their fortunes.
However, it seems that
President Obama has awarded the Entitlement Society poster-child job to “Julia.”
With their moronic "The Life of Julia" slideshow, the Obama administration
paints a perfect picture (a "clear manifestation" if you will) of the
entitlement culture they wish not only to maintain, but amazingly, grow.
In the sideshow—I mean slideshow, we first see Julia at age three
enrolled in the pre-k Head Start program. Head Start, which began as part of
President Lyndon Johnson’s Entitlement Society—I mean Great Society, is a
“Great” example of a federal program that we pour billions of taxpayer dollars
into, that accomplishes almost nothing it set out to, and will be virtually
impossible to get rid of.
Time Magazine’s Joe Klein said last year that after 45 years, “We spend more
than $7 billion providing Head Start to nearly 1 million children each year. And
finally there is indisputable evidence about the program's effectiveness,
provided by the Department of Health and Human Services: Head Start simply does
not work.” In other words, children who attend Head Start perform no better than
students of similar income and social status who did not attend.
many other government “programs,” Head Start has devolved into a jobs,
healthcare, and childcare “program,” and thus its continued popularity. Many
liberals even acknowledge this. “The argument that Head Start opponents make is
that it is a jobs program,” a senior Obama Administration official told Klein,
“and sadly, there is something to that.”
Julia then embarks on her K-12
academic career, where the federal government has had about as much success as
it has with pre-k. According to the Cato Institute, since 1970, while inflation-adjusted federal
spending for 17-year-olds (as Cato notes, “The final years of high school are
the decisive ones…”) increased nearly 200%, math, reading, and science scores
were virtually flat-lined.
We are then told of how Julia benefits from
the fruits of Obamacare, which includes remaining on her parents’ insurance
until age 26. Just what our youth need—further motivation to put off adulthood
and responsibility! Finally able to stand on her own at age 27, Julia is
thankful that Obamacare requires her health insurance to cover her birth
control. Of course, there is no mention of marriage or a husband.
there is mention of a child. We are told that at age 31, Julia decides to have a
child and that “Throughout her pregnancy, she benefits from maternal checkups,
prenatal care, and free screenings under health care reform.” In this one
sentence we get the clearest picture of the absurd liberal mindset. Because of
her government (especially President Obama), Julia is the beneficiary of “free”
health screenings. There is no mention of any costs; no mention of taxes or who
exactly is paying for Julia’s “free” screenings.
As she nears retirement
age, Julia also is able to take advantage of Medicare and Social Security. This
is encouraging news for all of us, because by this time Julia has reached her
mid-sixties (This puts us around the year 2075.). Given that both programs
currently have well over a hundred trillion dollars in unfunded mandates, and
neither party seems serious about significant reforms for either, I will be very
exited to see President Obama’s plan to ensure that both are still around as we
approach the 22nd century.
There is plenty more in the life of Julia
that reveals her dependence on her government. In fact, throughout her sad life
she never really grows up. She is revealed to be little more than a child
nursing on the big bosom of the state. Is this really how the Obama
administration sees women? Where is the feminist outrage? Then again, she does
fit the bill when it comes to modern feminism; all that is missing from Julia’s
sorry existence is a couple of taypayer–funded abortions!
Now that Mitt
Romney has a virtual lock on the GOP nomination, the 2012 presidential campaign
is officially underway. “The Life of Julia” is one of the first salvos in what
is sure to be a brutal campaign. Romney has got to be encouraged. With more
efforts like this, he will have very little to do to show undecided America
Obama’s vision for the future. I just hope that there aren’t too many Julias out
there who vote.
HELP US GET THE WORD OUT: If you "Like" this page, please visit our new Facebook page for The Miracle and Magnificence of America and "Like" it. Thank you!!!
- Conservatism in the Age of Trump
- CPAC: Bannon Lays Out the Agenda
- Trump's Conservative CPAC Speech
- "World War T" Elites
- 5 Worst Things About Obamacare
- Trump Flushes Obama's Bathroom Decree
- Yes, Childhood Sex Abuse Contributes to Homosexuality
- What's Up With Sweden & Rape
- Conservatives: Choose Your Mascots Wisely
- Nigeria's Forgotten Christians
- Is Pelosi's Mind Failing?
- America's Predictable Tsunami of Pension Problems
- Is Biology Truth or Transphobic?
- Trump & Immigration: Rule of Law Has Returned
- Yes, Sweden Has an Refugee Problem
- Facebook Suspends Christian Mom for Quoting the Bible
- Betsy DeVos vs. Education Monopolists
- More High School Transgender Madness
- Saith the Man-God: "Everything is Permitted"
- Disgusting: Teen Vogue Promotes "Abortion Gifts"
- More Proof Predators Are Taking Advantage of Liberal Policy on Bathrooms
- Trump Smashes Obama's Small-Donor Fundraising Record
- Yes, Today's Mainstream Media is the Enemy of the People
- Obama's Incompetence & Chaos Far Eclipsed Trump's
- The Trump Effect
- Captured ISIS Radical Claims to Have Raped 200 Women
- CPAC's Milo Disgrace
- Dear Conservatives: Defend Principles, Not Personalities
- How Many Abortions Have You Paid For?
- Patriot Games
- Illegals Across U.S. Fired for Skipping Work on "Day Without Immigrants"
- The Dangers of Homosexuality
- Energy/Global Warming
- Meet My King
- National Defense
- Quotable Quotes--New Ones!
- Marriage Commitment Challenge